Step by step guide how to install apps from the PC
After getting few questions in comments about installing Android applications downloaded from the computer I decided to write proper step by step guide about this topic. In last comment about it, Sakina wrote:
I’m not able to view any files in my X8 when I transfer them from my pc through the USB chord…How to transfer files in X8 through the USB?
Install file manager
First we will install File manager from the Android Market. Connect the phone to the internet and open Market. Search for “Astro File Manager“. Tap on free or full version* and install it to your Xperia X8. This File manager is the best you can find. Also contain Installer** for apps outside the Android market so we will kill two birds with one stone***. If you have any trouble with installing this great file manager, let us know in comments, we’ll find the best solution together.
Transfer applications to the phone:
1.Connect the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 to your computer using the USB data cable in the disk drive mode.
Note! Disk Mode: First plug the USB cord to your computer. Connect the phone to the USB cable. On the phone screen select Disk Drive from the options and press Done.
2. Copy the .APK file**** to the SD card. It can be anywhere you like, you can create new folder with name “My apps” or something similar. Just remember where it is.
3. After uploading, Safely Eject the disk (yes you connected the phone in Disk Mode) on your computer and unplug the phone from the USB cable.
Enable Unknown Sources:
Before manual installation of any apps outside the Android Market you need to allow your Xperia Android phone to install applications from Unknown Sources. It’s simple and one time setting. Just go to Menu — Settings — Applications and check the box saying Unknown Sources. Easy! If you’re concerned about your phone security then turn the Unknown Sources option off again after the installation.
If you have followed all steps, this will be easy as install apps from the Market. Open Astro file manager and browse to the .apk file in SD card. Select the .apk file and choose the Open App Manager option — Tap the Install button, the rest is automatic like install from the Market.
*free or full version Free version will show ads on your screen while you using the Astro file manager. If you like the app as I do, please support the team and buy full version. With buying the full version you’ll get rid of all ads and will support the developer team.
**Installer If you are already using different file manager, you will need to install additional app from the market (for example Easy Installer, Installer, AppInstaller).
***kill two birds with one stone Don’t worry, no birds get to die. Killing two birds with one stone means to solve two problems at one time with one single action.
****.apk file The .apk file is file similar to .exe file in Windows computer. You need to copy it anywhere in the device and run it.
Do you have a question? Leave a comment.
Xperia X8 search terms:
- xperia x8 games apk
- how to install games in sony ericsson xperia ray
- how to install games on xperia ray
- how to install astro file manager on xperia x8 using pc
- xperia x8 apk games
- how to install themes in sony ericsson xperia ray
- how to install apk files on xperia x8
- xperia ray themes free download
- apk games free download to pc
- download android market for xperia x8
- how to install apk on xperia x8
- xperia ray games download
- download android market xperia x8
- how to install apps on sony ericsson xperia ray
- file manager for xperia x8 free download