People keep asking how to get the Froyo or other custom ROM to Xperia X8 and we keep telling them that it is not official way and you can lose your warranty. Anyway, here is step by step tutorial for installing Android 2.2 (Froyo) ROM on Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 Phone. The phone used to come with Android v1.6 but later Sony started giving users upgrade to Android v2.1. But here we will teach you how to install “Android Froyo’s custom ROM” on your XPERIA X8.
One more thing: Keep in mind, however, it is highly recommended to carefully consider whether or not it is worth the risk to damaging the phone. If not done correctly, consequences may occur, such as damage to the phone. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device by this tutorial. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
For the installation of Froyo on X8, you need to download Froyo’s Custom ROM on your PC. Make sure that your X8 is rooted and WinRAR is installed in your computer. It will be required for the extraction of the Custom ROM. Install the xrecovery software on your X8.
Before beginning the installation of Froyo we advise you to make backup of your phone, because this is a vital process and anything can happen in between.
How to backup your phone:
- Switch off you phone and wait for 5 seconds.
- Switch on the phone and as the Sony Ericsson Screen flashes press the back key multiple times. This will take you to the xrecovery menu.
- In the menu select the option Backup and Restore and then select backup in the next menu.
- This will create backup of your phone in a folder inside the SD card in the backup folder inside the xrecovery folder in the SD card
- Keep a copy of that folder in your hard drive.
When you have backed up your phone then you are all set to begin the installation of “Android Froyo’s Custom ROM”. Follow the steps for installation of Froyo on your phone.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and rename it as per your choice. Here let’s consider that folder’s name is “XYZ”
- Now move the downloaded “Android Froyo Custom ROM” to the “XYZ” folder.
- The Custom ROM is a RAR archive so you need to extract it using WinRAR.
- For extracting the Custom Rom just Right Click on the file and then click on “Extract Here”
- It will get extracted and “Android Froyo Custom ROM’s” folder will be created.
- Now connect your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 Phone with your PC via USB cable.
- Select “Open Folder to view files” in the Autoplay box and then click on OK.
- Now Go To backup folder present inside the xrecovery folder (xrecovery – > backup)
- Copy “Android Froyo Custom ROM’s” folder to backup folder from “XYZ” folder.
- When it’s done, disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Switch/Power off your phone and wait for five seconds.
- Now Switch/Power on your phone again and as soon as the Sony Ericsson logo flashes on the screen start pressing the back key continuously.
- This will take you to the Xrecovery menu. (This happens only when you have installed xrecovery on your phone.)
- Now Select “Backup and Restore” in the Xrecovery menu
- In “Backup and Restore” click on Restore.
- Now you will see two files
1. The backup of your phone
2. “Android Froyo Custom ROM” file
- Select the “Android Froyo Custom ROM” file .
- It will Ask “Are You Sure”. Select “Yes – Restore”
- Now it will start installing “Android Froyo” on your XPERIA X8. Be patient, it will take some amount of time.
- After five or six minutes installation gets completed and a menu comes in front of you. Select “Reboot” From That Menu and Press Enter.
- Your Phone will reboot and you will see the change. That’s it! Android Froyo get’s installed on your phone. Enjoy.
So in this way you can install Android v2.2 (Froyo) on your XPERIA X8 phone. By this method you can install any custom ROM on your X8.
Files you need to download: (Click to get redirected to the download page).
As you can see in the links, there is the latest Android Gingerbread ROM for Xperia X8. I didn’t test it. If you want to try this GingerDX ROM, let us know if you prefer it instead of Froyo.
Update 2: New tutorial how to upgrade Xperia X8 with Jelly bean
Do you have a question? Leave a comment.
Xperia X8 search terms:
- xrecovery x8
- download android 2 2 for xperia x8
- android 2 2 download for xperia x8
- froyo 2 2 download for xperia x8
- xperia x8 android 2 2 download
- android 2 2 xperia x8 download
- download xrecovery for xperia x8
- xrecovery x8 download
- android 2 2 download xperia x8
- 2 2 froyo download for x8
- descargar xrecovery xperia x8
- how to install xrecovery on xperia x8
- free download android 2 2 for xperia x8
- how to install froyo 2 2 on xperia x8
- upgrade sony ericsson xperia x8 to android 2 2