A Step By Step Guide To Gaining Root Access On Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
It is an increasingly popular activity by many electronics owners to hack their electronic device and alter it from the way it was manufactured. This has been a popular practice for the Playstation Portable, the Nintendo Wii, the Xbox 360 and more. In modern times, this practice has extended to hacking, or “rooting,” a user’s mobile phone.
What exactly is rooting?
This is more of a common activity among phones that have applications or are newer and from the smartphone family. Rooting a phone is the main factor and difference between having a regular phone like everyone else in the world has and having one that allows the user to change certain otherwise unchangeable parts of the phone. This may include but may not be limited to changing icons or fonts.
Why do people root their mobile phones?
Home-brew applications are applications not generally found on the marketplace and normally consist of homemade programs that can be downloaded for free. Homebrew applications are possible to install when rooting a mobile phone. It is perhaps among the most popular reasons for wanting to root a mobile phone.
Some reasons for wanting to root a mobile phone may include, as previously mentioned, the ability to install homebrew applications as well as having the knowledge that the user is in full control of their phone.
What about the SE Xperia X8? Can that be rooted as well?
Yes, the Xperia X8 can be rooted. Keep in mind, however, it is highly recommended to carefully consider whether or not it is worth the risk to damaging the phone. If not done correctly, consequences may occur, such as damage to the phone.
How to Root the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Step By Step for Windows users:
- Download and install the Xperia X8 USB Drivers to your Windows PC
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone: Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
- Download the latest SuperOneClick.zip file to your Windows computer. link Download the latest version. (I’m sorry, you’ll need to register)
- Extract the files from the .zip file into a new folder on your Windows PC.
- Restart both. The PC and X8 just in case.
- Plug your phone in to your PC and turn on USB debugging. DO NOT MOUNT THE SD CARD!!!
- Open the folder with the SuperOneClick contents and double click “SuperOneClick.exe”.
- Run the program, click root and wait few minutes. Done.
If it doesn’t work at the first time just re-run the program once or twice.
Do you have a question? Leave a comment.
Xperia X8 search terms:
- how to root xperia x8
- root xperia x8
- root x8
- how to root x8
- xperia x8 root
- x8 root
- rooting xperia x8
- rooting x8
- how to root sony ericsson xperia x8
- sony ericsson x8 root
- xperia x8 applications
- root sony ericsson x8
- Sony Ericsson Xperia x8 root
- how to root sony ericsson x8
- driver xperia x8